Monday, October 4, 2010

Chopped Hot Rod Show

I live in Castlemaine, THE Hot Rod town in Australia. We have museums dedicated to Hot Rods, Hot Rod workshop sheds, Restoration companies and the biggest Classic cars parts manufactuer's factory in the Country. We have Hot Rod car rallies several times a year and this was one of them; The Newstead Chopped Hot Rod Show. It was huge this year with hundreds of cars, and as an added bonus, they also had drag races! Note to show organisers: MORE STALLS please! There was only 1 clothing stall with 1pair of rockabilly heels...not good enough peoples. The reproduction Tiki Bar was rockin' tho. Me doing the bonnet babe thing. I've put on 2 kilos in the last month....don't look at the fat. This guy had the most gravity defying hairstyle I saw on the day. Love it Rockabilly dude! Yes, I am taking your photo! My favourite of them all. Isn't it gorgeous??? It doesn't really show, but this is a real saparkly gold color....kinda like Kat Von D's car. Look at that engine! Love the sticker! I want this bonnet mascot! I WILL own you one day, dear sweet 66 Mustang. In a British Racing car Green, with gold stripes and gold hubcaps. With original leather Pony interior, of course. Hubby and Daughter Number 1. Last time I heard, these slats cost $5 each to put in. Worth every cent, they look great!


Do you have Hot Rod shows where you live?

7 comments:

  1. oh your a pony girl too!! I am drooling over these pics! love your dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pics. Looks like it was a blast. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! amazing cars and amazing rockabilly boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome rides, thanks for sharing your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - The first car that you are standing next to, the Sled is from my hometown I swear, I have seen it driving around here heaps.
    It is just so wow to see it here on a nail blog - small world, Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mm, rad cars and their equally rad drivers! It's cool to be in a car show like this. They have a more or less unified theme of hot-rods, and their owners give out such a fun atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mm, rad cars and their equally rad drivers! It's cool to be in a car show like this. They have a more or less unified theme of hot-rods, and their owners give out such a fun atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!