Monday, July 18, 2011

Space Cadet....Shattered!

Orly Space Cadet is a tricky little thing to photograph. It's also a tricky thing to apply. One coat looks horrible, two coats look opaque enough but somehow transparent around the edges, and 3 coats doesn't really make a lot of difference.



See how the tips really don't have polish on them?  The polish kind of 'drags' back when dry.  Weird.

Of course, it's gorgeous enough by itself...but when did I ever leave gorgeous alone?



So I shattered it with some OPI and finished with a coat of Seche QD. I really, really liked this combo and was loathe to take it off. But I got a present in the mail which required immediate swatching....stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. I just used Space Cadet and noticed the same thing with the green at the tips! I thought it was just me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shatter gives it an even bigger 'WOW' effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it :-) Duochrome and shatter, great combination!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Space cadet is such a beauty even more so with Shatter, sweet combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how this looks with shatter over it! I have Space Cadet, but I still haven't worn it. I may have to go out and buy my first crackle polish now, to put over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orly space cadet, its a great polish although it does take a few coats. Its a pain to get off too. I like your shatter effect. Accessorize Aztec polish is a real close dupe although Orly has more bling. Great mani :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Space Cadet. It's a gorgeous polish. I can't really say if I like it will the shatter on top. I'd have to do it myself. Sometimes I find them hard to distinguish the polish underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great combo! I agree with the tips thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this polish! It's tricky but so pretty. I put a layer of China Glaze's Cracked Concrete over it, and it turned out fabulous. :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!