Sunday, September 25, 2011

BB Couture Haul

I recently took advantage of a buy 4 get 1 free offer Overall Beauty had and ticked a few BB Couture off my list. I am a little disappointed with my choices, especially as I know that there are so many gorgeous BB's to choose from. But....maybe I'm also getting a little jaded? After all, how many polishes of the same colors do we really need?!!



Nightmare. My favourite of the 4. Look at it...Vampy, dark and glittery. This was 2 coats with a coat of Seche QD.




Fairy Blood. My second fave. A light, blood red with glitter. 2 coats with a coat of Seche QD.



Midnight Malibu. My least fave. Ugh, it's horrid. It's looks like a glorious dark purple in the bottle with teal glitter, but on the nail it just looks like a Navy Blue lumpy mess. And this is even with a thick coat of Seche QD!



Nike. Meh. I have seen this color look absolutely awesome in online swatches, but on me it was just average. 2 coats.



Ruby Ruin. A straight forward vampy dark burgundy red. Nothing new here. This was 2 coats and needed a third for complete streak free coverage.



I added a coat of La Rosa 24K Gold crackle. It looked pretty cool.

So, which BB's should I add to my list now? Anyone know of some good swatch pictures anywhere online?

6 comments:

  1. I like the look of every mani in this post, but especially Nightmare. It's like sparkly.....blood? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nightmare is awesome! Love the name too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Kelliegonzo.com has some nice swatches of BB Couture. I love greens and BB Couture has the best. Poison Ivy is my favorite. I love Fairy Blood and I have it. Love the gold crackle over Ruby Ruin. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silhouette. Nightmare is gorgeous, it's def something out of True Blood!

    Thanks Pretty, I'm a bit drawn to vampy!

    Ditto nailventurous!

    THanks Lucy. I'll have to search Kelli's blog. I was debating Poison Ivy....I'll have to add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!