Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Trashy Diva Del Rio


I admit it. I have zero willpower.  So when Trashy Diva have a sale....my intentions just resolve.
The Del Rio dress jumped into my cart when TD had an additional 50% sale prices sale on a couple of weeks ago, as I had been lusting after it for *ages*.
 

It is, tho, a bummer of a dress to put on.  After asking for help, I found out that this style has one of those 'make ya scream in frustration' invisible zips over a waist seam, which means this zip is almost IMPOSSIBLE to zip up.  After asking for help on the TD Facebook page, somebody suggested wax!  So I rubbed a candle up and down that sucker like no tomorrow and Miss 12 got it zipped up! 
Mind you. I will never be able to get dressed on my own wearing this.


My Irregular Choice wedges match perfectly.


And this dress is PERFECT for armloads of Bakelite bangles and HUGE flowers in your hair.  If you live for jangly bracelets and Carmen Miranda blooms, this dress is for you.

Dress: Trashy Diva
Shoes: Irregular Choice
Hair Flower: Uncle Fezter
Bakelite: Etsy, eBay, thrifted

11 comments:

  1. Looks really comfy, not my style but totally suits you Well. Haha I too have no willpower in those case! I completely understand :)

    Xoxo,
    Lorna
    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously gorgeous dress!!! I've longed for a Trashy Diva frock of my own for years now. Hopefully I'll be able to avail of one of their sales and do so at some point this year, too.

    You really look fantastic - one would never suspect the battle you had to wage to get this stunner on (is there any way the zipper could be replaced with one that worked better?).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye on their FB page Jessica, they just had 50% off sale stock.

      Delete
  3. I'm curious about Irregular Choice. How is the width on the shoes? I'm between sizes and not sure if I should size up or down since I have slightly wide feet. Any feedback?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wide feet too and IC are good shoes for me because of this. I am a size 6.5 Australian, 7 USA. Their size 37 fits me every time, regardless of style. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. Oh grrr, I loathe invisible zips and even more so when they have to go over a waist seam. Why do they do it??? Anyway, I feel your annoyance. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress, love hair, love the bakelite!! Gorgeous!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!