Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Making Jewellery, Bakelite, Flowers and Trashy Diva


I made this necklace!  I had a handful of old Bakelite blobs, dice, blocks and shapes I got with an auction lot a long time ago.  I had plans of making them into a chunky bracelet so I drilled holes through the lot.  After making a bracelet, it really didn't look fabulous so I took it apart, wired them onto headpins and made a 40's style cha-cha necklace instead.  Much nicer, yes?


It matched nicely with my Trashy Diva Walk in the Park dress.  I added platform Miss L Fire shoes, warm tights, a cardi and lots of flowers.



Isn't Bakelite divine?
 
Dress: Trashy Diva
Cardi: Modcloth
Shoes: Miss L Fire
Hair Flowers: Dynamite-darling, eBay
Bakelite: Here, there and Everywhere
 

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Your last pic matches my Sunday bakelite/walk in the park picture on Instagram! We have such good taste. ;) And could you stop being so stinkin' gorgeous and talented!! You're fabulous!!!!
    ~xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous outfit Darlin'! Love the DIY Bakelite necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really fabulous handmade necklace! It strikes me, and I say this in a totally positive way, as something Wilma Flintstone might have sported if Bedrock had Bakelite.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are alwáys fabulously put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read each and every one, even if I am slow to respond sometimes!